Joel Johnson is the principal of Orchard Partners. Joel founded the company in 1998 and is still personally involved in every business valuation.
- More than 30 years experience in business appraisals
- Designated an Accredited Senior Appraiser by the American Society of Appraisers
- Designated as Certified in Entity and Intangible Valuations (CEIV). This relatively new designation is for appraisers who support public companies in their financial reporting.
- University of Colorado, MBA in Finance (Rockwell Scholar)
- Harvard College, magna cum laude
- President of the Concord Vine, a networking organization for M&A professionals
- Past member, Board of Directors for the Boston chapter of the Association for Corporate Growth
- Member, Appraisal Issues Task Force, an industry-wide consortium working with the FASB and the SEC to evaluate proposals and recommend methodology, assumptions, and approaches.
Joel has published numerous articles in business valuation journals, and has presented on the subject of business appraisals in university classrooms and at national conferences.